Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Wisdom from my friend "down under"

The Central Business District of Sydney, Austr...Image via Wikipedia

"Perhaps this is why I am diving more and more into many varied topics (people, learning, thinking, the brain, social interactions, relationships, Sudoku/brain exercises, cycling, running, marathons, eating well, families, children….), and quickly coming to the realisation that I am (sometimes) not present in the moment. In it’s own way, not being present or ‘in the moment’ could have the same effect of not enjoying what’s here and now."

-from the blog "Fathers" by Andrew Blanda (Andrew Blanda's thoughts, ramblings and musings)

Earlier today I posted the blog "The U.S. Army Had it Right." Then I saw a post by a friend from Australia I'd met on Twitter so I jumped over and took a look at his blog. The paragraph above is EXACTLY why I said in my post that our focus needs to be on BEING, not DOING. If we're focused on what we do, if we derive our identity from what we do, we're not living authentic/congruent lives. We're not being who we're created to be - we're doing something "phony" that is designed to fulfill some task.

Thanks for finishing my day off with some great insight, Andrew!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment